July 23, 2015. MLERF President Randall “Randy” Pinch announced the recipients of the 2013-2014 MLERF grants. Through the fund-raising efforts of Lions throughout Massachusetts, MLERF was able to distribute $1,030,000 to Boston area research institutions.
Grants were awarded to the following institutions:
- Boston University Medical Center($180,000)
- Boston Children’s Hospital($ 140,000)
- Tufts University Medical Center($124,000)
- Joslin Diabetes Center($180,000)
- Umass Medical Center, Worcester ($46,000)
- Schepens Eye Research Institute ($180,000)
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary ($180,000)
Dr. Jay Duker and Dr. Noorjahan A. Panjwani of the Tufts University School of Medicine accepted this years Presidential grant. The MLERF Presidential grant award was matched by funds from Lions Club International Foundation. As a result Tufts University School of Medicine received $145,624.